Hello and welcome to 2020! Can you believe it is already here? I really can’t but have a feeling it is going to be an awesome year. I am making lots of positive changes in my business after being in the entrepreneurial space for 11 years now, and am excited to share these changes with you as well. Hopefully it will give you some good ideas of things you can implement in your business in 2020.
These are mostly related to content creation and sharing this content because it’s something I haven’t done consistently in the past outside of my podcast, the Inspired Entrepreneur, and I really want to be consistent with this year.
- Batching. Most of my content this year will be batched by quarter. That means creating a schedule for my content, creating it in advance, and having it scheduled to be posted all in advance.
- Blog Posts. In quarter 1 of 2020 there are 13 weeks which means I will be releasing 13 new blog posts, a new one every week. As of writing this at the end of 2019, I have already written all 13 blog posts and am in the process of scheduling their release dates. By having all these written I can spend my time on promoting and discussing them instead of being behind the 8 ball and having to spend all my time creating and therefore less time promoting. When you spend time creating amazing content, you should be spending at least that amount of time if not more in sharing it. How did I already write 13 blog posts you ask? Well, here’s how. I basically create categories for my blogs…for me they are business tips (like this post), trademarks, copyrights, and contracts. I then figure out how many of each I will create. Once I know that I further break down what each post in each category will be about. This way, before I sit down to write the post I already know what it will be about. No more staring at a blank screen wondering what to blog about today! That is a total time waster and I learned that the hard way in the past. Also, I try to keep my blog post succinct and straight to the point. I know people are busy and want to get the info they need fast and without a lot of fluff, so the actual writing of the post takes me about 30-45 minutes. Since I write best in the morning, I usually get up early and write my blog post for the day first thing after my morning routine. After 13 days all my posts are done, easy peasy!
- Podcast. In the same vein, I will also be batching my podcasts this year. That means I will have only 1-2 days a month where I actually record. In the past I have had 8 or more days a month for guests to schedule their interviews and it would be too disruptive for me to get my other work done. I would have an hour one day, then have to record, then an hour another day, then have to record. I was never able to get into the flow of anything and always felt disrupted and rushed. Batching my interviews will allow me to be a better podcast host as well as a better attorney for my clients, who ultimately are my #1 priority always. Secondly, I will be doing solo podcast episode where I share a mix of business tips, legal tips, and a good dose of motivation. My mission is to inspire entrepreneurs to create a business and life they love and in order for me to do that I really want to put myself out there more and share more behind the scenes of my business and how I am creating a business and life I love.
- Newsletter. This is something I have not utilized nearly enough! I have an awesome list of amazing people and in 2019 I totally neglected them…sorry friends! But don’t worry, come 2020 I will be sending a weekly email. It will be more of a weekly round up reminding you of what you missed as well as sharing some valuable tips as well. I also plan to share insider discounts through my newsletter as well.
- Social Media Scheduling. Once I have my content created in advance (hence the batching!) it makes it so much easier to schedule social media in advance! I know what I am releasing each week so I can easily schedule that content and not have to worry about what to post each day or week. Although it still takes a bit of time to schedule these posts out, I plan to batch this as well. At the beginning of each quarter I will take a few hours and sit down and schedule everything out. I’ll be sharing more about what I tools I am going to use for social media scheduling in a later post so stay tuned!
- Video/IGTV. Video is not something I am great at, although I don’t mind being on camera, I just don’t like the process of it. However, I know how important it is and hope to incorporate this more into my 2020 content plan. I don’t exactly have a plan for this yet, but maybe just writing this will hold me more accountable!
Well, that is my plan for 2020, what about you? Follow me over on instagram, @attorneyalli and let me know your plans for 2020!